Lots of ways to learn!
- Take a Spoon Carving Course with Barn
- Follow the tutorials in Barn's beautiful new book
- Learn from home with The Green Wood Guild Online Membership video library (Coming Soon)
- Check the Green Wood Guild's free Online Learning resource
- Join the weekly SpoonClub member's nights at the Guild
- Give the gift of a spoon carving course, so you'll have a friend to regularly carve with!
- Buy one of Barn's spoons and revel in it's majesty!
Take a Spoon carving course
The very best way to learn spoon carving is face-to-face with one of the best Spoon carvers in the world.
I am excited to announce that my book is now ready for pre-order, the book shares some of my thinking on trees and wood culture, with a basic "how to" section showing the techniques i use and a load of information about the beautiful tools of the trade. This is followed by 4 chapters covering 16 styles of spoons going into more detail about how to make them and why they are designed that way all supported with glorious photos including 3 profile shots of each spoon to help you make them. This book should prove interesting and useful to anyone who loves trees and wood, cooking and spoons, or the art of Spoon Carving itself!
Learn to spoon carve
With the Greenwood Guild i take you step by step through all there is to know about spoon carving, starting with the basic knife grips, to sharpening, though to an extensive catalog of spoon designs. With a new video each week, there’ll always be something new to learn and practice.
✔ Take your first steps and expand your knowledge from home.
✔ Learn and develop at your own pace, and from anywhere in the world.
Step by step video tutorials including -
- Knife Grips & spoon carving techniques
- Sourcing Wood
- Whittling Starter Kit
- Basic Tool Kit
Online Membership - Coming Soon
Register your interest below
London Member's SpoonClub
Join us on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday nights at The Green Wood Guild on Stepney City Farm for Spoon Club.
✓ Wood and tools supplied
✓ Step by step projects
✓ Spoon design tutorials
✓ Techniques explained
✓ Finer points of sharpening
✓ Build your own kit
£39 per month